Lori Schroth has been named vice president of Strategic Communication at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, reporting to President Robert S.D. Higgins, MD, MSHA, effective immediately.
Schroth has served in an interim capacity in this role since last March, providing a seamless leadership transition and significantly contributing to the Brigham’s broader senior leadership team throughout the Recovery & Reimagining period, as well as the Brigham’s response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Playing a key role in diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, Schroth has increased multilingual communications and identified opportunities to improve communication to our diverse workforce and the communities we serve. Most recently, Schroth has also stepped in to serve as the communication lead for our Enterprise Capacity Management team, supporting communication activities, including evaluating capacity and staffing challenges, across Mass General Brigham in response to the third COVID-19 wave.
Schroth’s tenure at the Brigham and within the Office of Strategic Communication, formerly Public Affairs, spans more than 15 years. As the vice president of Strategic Communication, Schroth is responsible for advancing the Brigham’s mission and informing and inspiring the Brigham community and beyond by sharing key information and telling stories about our compassionate care, biomedical research and innovation, educational commitment and our local and global work throughout Mass General Brigham. Under her leadership, internal communication, media relations, digital and social media activity is advanced by her team of professionals and in coordination with system-wide communications leadership. Partnering closely and collaboratively with colleagues at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, she also oversees the marketing program for the Dana-Farber Brigham Cancer Center.
Britton Departs from ACMO Role
Kathryn Britton, MD, MPH, vice president of Medical Affairs and associate chief medical officer (ACMO), will depart from her role in the CMOs office, effective Jan. 28. She will continue her existing clinical duties within the division of Cardiovascular Medicine.
Britton began her career at the Brigham as a resident in Internal Medicine in 2002 and then completed fellowships in Cardiovascular and Vascular Medicine. Initially a clinical researcher, she transitioned to a role within the Department of Quality and Safety as the medical director of care transitions in 2013 and was then promoted to ACMO in 2016. During her time as an associate CMO, she has been charged with oversight of multiple initiatives, including redesign of the Brigham approach to care continuum management, refreshing our approach to professionalism, designing and implementing a plan for provider reassignment during COVID-19, and creating and implementing a career ladder and compensation program for our physician assistants.
New, Notable and Transitions
- Karim Telleh has been promoted to Program Director of the International Patient Center.
- Normella Walker has been promoted to Executive Director, Employee Experience, with responsibility for the Office of Mediation, Coaching, Ombuds and Support Services (OMCOSS) and the Office of Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DE&I).
- Sabrina Cannistraro has been named the next Executive Director for the Brigham Department of Psychiatry, effective Jan. 31, 2022.
- Sarah Tsay has joined the Emergency Preparedness team as the Director of Emergency Preparedness. She comes to the Brigham from New York City Emergency Management, where she supported the health and medical sector in citywide emergency response and managed monitoring and evaluation and the emergency operations center for the city. Also joining the team is Haylee Manning, Program Coordinator for Emergency Preparedness.
- Jonathon Santiago, director of Materials Management, left the Brigham on Dec. 3. Therese Breen is serving as the interim director.
- Andrew Resnick, MD, MBA, senior vice president and chief quality and safety officer, left the Brigham Dec. 31. Sonali Desai, MD, MPH, is serving as interim chief quality and safety officer.
Submit New, Notable and Transitions to firstname.lastname@example.org.