Jones Appointed Vice President, Public Policy
Bernie Jones has been promoted to the role of vice president of Public Policy. This new role recognizes the Brigham’s institutional commitment to supporting the Partners HealthCare System (PHS) strategic plan for federal, state and community affairs. Jones will be responsible for working to advance those activities on behalf of Brigham Health, in close collaboration with Brigham Health President Betsy Nabel, MD, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Ron Walls, MD, as well as PHS Chief Legal Officer Laura Peabody and PHS Vice President of Government Affairs Chris Philbin. Jones will also continue in his chief of staff role, managing the activities of Walls’ office and team, and providing counsel and operational coordination to the entire senior leadership team.
Since joining the Brigham nearly two years ago, Jones has provided leadership to a wide range of critical activities. These include driving the work of an array of task forces and working groups focused on budgeting, capital allocation processes, educational mission and community-related activities; stepping in this past year to help fill the void in the role of senior vice president for Real Estate, Facilities, and Operations; and lending expertise to organizational design and strategy, among other examples.
Brigham Management Group Announces New Leaders
Several new employees were introduced at the September Brigham Management Group meeting:
- Heidi Krause, nursing director, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Jillian Ng, clinical supervisor, Rehabilitation Services and Physical Therapy
- Donald Proby, director, Office of Mediation, Coaching, Ombuds and Support Services (OMCOSS)
- David Robbins, director of Content & Digital, Office of Strategic Communication
- Susannah Rudel, one of three Deland Fellows who recently joined the Brigham.
- Carlyne St. Felix, business partner, Human Resources
- Normella Walker, director, Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion