Each month, we ask people from across the Brigham to answer a question for our “Look Who’s Talking” feature. For this month’s feature, we tried something a little different: we posed our question on Twitter (you can follow us @BrighamResearch).
In keeping with a recent trend on Twitter, we asked five scientists from around the Brigham to share three facts about themselves and tag five other scientists.
— BrighamResearch (@BrighamResearch) August 15, 2019
Julie Silver, MD, assistant professor and associate chair for Harvard’s Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, took up the challenge.
Game on @BrighamResearch!
— Julie Silver, MD (@JulieSilverMD) August 15, 2019
And speaking of Cheri Blauwet, MD, the director of the Kelley Adaptive Sports Research Institute, check out her three facts!
3 Facts/5 Friends
1. I am a leader the #Olympic and #Paralympic Movement 🇺🇸🏅
2. My first wheelchairs were pink –> purple –> turquoise before landing on titanium 😆
3. Fastest marathon time: 1 hour, 36 min @MonicaRhoMD @eliwolff10 @AdamTenfordeMD @m_heine01 @WDerman
— Cheri Blauwet, MD (@CheriBlauwetMD) August 21, 2019
Michael Sinha, MD, JD, MPH, a researcher with the Brigham’s Program on Regulation,Therapeutics and Law also took a turn.
— Michael S. Sinha MD, JD, MPH (@DrSinhaEsq) August 15, 2019
So did David Bates, MD, chief of General Internal Medicine.
3 facts 5 scientists
1) work on HIT/safety/quality/value and now very excited about AI
2) I love birding, have seen about 7000/10,000 of world’s species
3) also rock climbing and helicopter-skiing@EricTopol @ThomasHLeeMD @UrmimalaSarkar
— David Bates (@DBatesSafety) August 21, 2019
And Alec Schmaier, MD, PhD, a cardiology fellow in the Cardiovascular Division.
OK @Jwaitz, 3 facts/5 scientists
1. I have never been beaten in Super Mario Kart
2. In grad school, I drew blood from chickens and then cooked them
3. I have seen The Last Waltz over 100 times@DrWillZacharias @theclotthickens @2Scottish @MariaCBasil @YogenKanthi
— Alec Schmaier (@ASchmaier) August 14, 2019
And Craig Hersh, MD, a physician in the Channing Division of Network Medicine and Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
3 facts, 5 science friends. 1. I'm a competitive swimmer. 2. My kids and I have a running dad joke battle. 3. I delivered food for 2 days in med school; still listed as my job on my credit report. Time for #COPD tweeps @mikecho95 @RKalhan @AlphaCopdDoc @suryapbhatt @NadiaHanselMD
— Craig Hersh (@craig_hersh) August 28, 2019
If you want to join in, please add your tweet and tag @BrighamResearch or leave a comment below!